Marriage in Denmark

A religious worker can apply for permission to perform marriages. Read about how it is done, and the legal significance of being married to each other.

On these pages, you can read about how a religious worker from a recognised or authorised religious community can apply for permission to perform marriages. 

You can also read about the legal and financial implications of getting married, and how a couple should proceed if they wish to divorce.

The Ministry for Ecclesiastical Affairs handles applications for permission to perform marriages, whereas the State Administration handles legal separations and divorces.