Residence Permit

A religious worker can apply for a residence permit in Denmark. Read about requirements, application, extension, short stays and the courses that must be taken.

A residence permit also gives the right to work in Denmark.


In order to obtain a residence permit, the religious worker must be affiliated with the Danish State Church or a recognised or authorised religious community in Denmark.

The residence permit can be renewed if the religious worker passes the immigration test within six months.

If the religious worker has an authorisation to perform marriages, an extension also requires that he/she completes a course in Danish family law.

Read more about residence permits for religious workers.